Welcome to The Keto Cooks! We got adventurous tonight and made our first coconut fried shrimp. It was an experiment and this turned out to be a jackpot recipe! We’ve been looking for a platform to share our Cooking with other Keto and LCHF Dieters, I hope you enjoy what we have to share!
Keto Cooks Coconut Fried Shrimp
1 pound jumbo pre-cooked/cleaned Shrimp (about 20 shrimp)
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Peanut or Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Swerve
- Fill your deep fryer with oil to cooking level and pre-heat to 325
- Mix your coconut flour, pepper and salt mixture in one bowl, set aside.
- Whisk 3 egg whites in a second bowl, set aside.
- Mix your shredded coconut and Swerve in a third bowl, set aside.
- Coat your shrimp in flour mixture, then dredge in the egg whites, and lastly coat with the coconut flakes.
- Fry for appx 2-3 minutes until a beautiful golden brown!