Chocolate Pudding. A childhood favorite. Oh who are we kidding, adults are sneaking those pudding cups in the middle of the night too. I was craving something sweet tonight and wanted to make a high fat, satisfying, yet light dessert that would keep me feeling full. Be sure to find Coconut Cream for the recipe as Coconut Milk will not have the desired consistency. If you cannot find Coconut Cream, you can scoop the cream from the top of three Coconut Milk cans, discarding the extra liquid.
Vegan Ingredients (and their source)
- 1 can (13.66oz) Thai Coconut Cream (from coconuts)
- 4 tbsp Confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener (sugar alcohol, chicory root)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (produced from Vanilla beans)
- 1/2 tsp Guar Gum (produced from Guar beans)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (produced from corn sugar)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (produced from roasted cacao beans)
- Open and drain excess liquid from the Coconut Cream can, place in bowl. Beat with electric hand mixer or KitchenAid with whisk attachment until smooth.
- Add Swerve no-calorie Sweetener, Vanilla Extract, Guar Gum and Xanthan Gum. Beat until smooth.Consistency will begin to change from liquid to slightly thickened.
- Add Cocoa Powder. Continue to beat until consistency of pudding. It will become very lightly thickened; the Guar and Xanthan Gum are what thicken the coconut cream into a fluffier pudding consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. The coconut cream will thicken further when in the refrigerator.
Nutrition per Serving – Yields 6 half cup servings
- 140 calories
- 14g fat
- 1g protein
- 5 total carbs (1 net carb)